Once the fall season arrives, people start to think of good times with family and friends, from holiday dinners to football get-togethers. Because it’s that time of year when we’re more likely to have company indoors, most of us want to be sure our homes are comfortable havens for our guests. That’s why it’s so important to make sure your home’s heating system is working properly.
One of the best ways to do that is by getting your heating system the seasonal maintenance it needs. Aside from ensuring that your system is ready to keep you, your family, and your guests comfortable once the chilly temperatures return, heating maintenance offers many additional benefits. In this article, we’ll talk about the benefits of heating maintenance and how Stafford Mechanical Services, Inc. can help. Keep reading to learn more!
5 Reasons to Choose Heating Maintenance for Your Home
Are you still on the fence as to whether you should schedule fall maintenance for your heating equipment? Here are a few reasons why you may want to consider it:
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Regular maintenance can increase energy efficiency by ensuring optimal performance of the unit’s components. Filters are cleaned or changed, which improves airflow, and moving parts are lubricated or if worn, replaced, so that the system operates more smoothly. All these factors help to make the system more efficient, saving you money on energy bills.
- Longer Equipment Life: Seasonal maintenance can help to prolong equipment life by identifying and addressing potential issues before they become major problems, maintaining optimal performance of the unit’s components, and preventing breakdowns, thus extending the lifespan of the equipment, and reducing costly repairs and replacements.
- Cleaner Indoor Air: Maintenance can improve indoor air quality because it ensures that dirty or congested filters are replaced, ductwork is inspected and if necessary, maintained, and any sources of bacterial or mold contamination can be addressed. These factors help to improve the overall air quality inside the home.
- Safety Concerns: Maintenance can help to improve equipment safety by identifying and addressing potential hazards, especially concerning electrical connections and proper equipment component operation (such as the furnace ignitor).
- System Warranty: Unauthorized equipment maintenance by anyone other than a licensed HVAC contractor may void the equipment warranty. If this happens, the homeowner will likely need to pay out of pocket for any repairs or replacements that the warranty would have covered – and that can be much more costly than proper system maintenance.
Stafford Mechanical Services can help you get the heating maintenance you need.
You and your family deserve a warm, inviting home once the cooler weather hits. At Stafford Mechanical Services, we work hard to ensure that your home is always comfy. As a full-service heating contractor, we’re pleased to provide our customers with the heating maintenance they need.
We proudly service Carrier heating equipment and many other brands as well. You may contact us via phone at (860) 684-9485. We look forward to helping you with all your heating needs.