Once the winter weather settles in, people rely on their furnaces to keep them warm and comfortable. Because the winter season in our area tends to last for a few months, it can mean that your furnace often has to work hard to keep you and your family as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately, this can mean that occasionally, repairs are needed.
However, it can be difficult to know when your furnace needs service, and sometimes that can lead to a complete breakdown – and more expensive repairs or even replacement. So what are some of the warning signs your furnace may give when it needs repairs? In this article, we’ll share some of the signs and how Stafford Mechanical Services can help.
5 Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair
Nobody wants to think about their furnace breaking down when the temperatures outside are chilly. If you notice any of the following signs, you should call an HVAC professional as soon as possible so that you can potentially avoid complete furnace failure.
- Your furnace doesn’t seem to be heating your home evenly. There may be some rooms that are nice and toasty, while other rooms feel chilly and uncomfortable. There are a few things that can cause this issue, including furnace issues, leaks in your ductwork, or problems with your thermostat. A qualified technician can diagnose the problem and make the appropriate recommendations and repairs.
- Your utility bills have been on the rise. It’s a given that during the winter months, your energy bills will likely increase somewhat. But if you’re seeing a significant increase for no apparent reason, it could be that your furnace is working harder to do its job than it needs to.
- Your furnace is making unusual noises. All furnaces make some noise when they operate, but it shouldn’t be making any loud or strange noises. If you’re hearing grinding, squealing, or banging noises, there is very likely a problem. These types of noises can indicate an issue with the furnace’s motor, fan, or belt, and should be checked out by a professional technician.
- Your furnace runs constantly or short cycles. A furnace that runs all the time, or conversely goes on and off frequently, is probably in need of repair. This concern may be due to a dirty filter, thermostat issues, improper sizing, or other concerns.
- You find that you need to adjust the thermostat often. You should be able to set your thermostat to an appropriate temperature and forget it. Most homeowners find that setting their thermostat to about 68 degrees Fahrenheit when they’re home is ideal. But, if you’re frequently adjusting the thermostat because you’re either too cold or too warm, there could be a problem with your furnace or the thermostat itself.
If you’re having any of these issues with your heating system, you should call Stafford Mechanical Services to take a look at your furnace and help you with the repairs you need.
Call Stafford Mechanical Services when you need furnace repairs.
At Stafford Mechanical Services, your home comfort is always our top priority. If you think you may need furnace repairs, we’re ready to help you. As a full-service heating contractor, we’re pleased to provide our customers with the heating maintenance, repair, and installation services they need. We proudly service Carrier heating equipment and many other brands as well. You may contact us via phone at (860) 684-9485. We look forward to helping you with all your heating needs.