Once spring arrives, people start to think about warmer days ahead. For many homeowners, that means ensuring that their air conditioning system is ready to keep them cool once the higher temperatures hit. Spring is a great time to make sure your air conditioning system is working properly, and one of the best ways you can do that is by getting it the preventive maintenance it needs.
For more information,
Call or click here:
Ask A Tech
There are a few things you can do to ensure your AC system is prepared for the cooling season, such as changing dirty filters and removing any debris or vegetation from around the outdoor part of your unit. However, it’s also important to have a professional technician give your system a checkup on an annual basis. In this article, we’ll talk about why air conditioning maintenance is important, and how Stafford Mechanical Services can help.
5 Reasons to Get AC Maintenance Each Spring
Often, homeowners wonder if getting air conditioning maintenance each year is really necessary. There are many good reasons to make AC maintenance a yearly thing, which we’ve explained below:
- System Efficiency: Over the course of the summer, your AC system likely worked hard to keep your home cool and comfortable. When your system operates, dirt and debris can collect inside and around the moving parts. The gunk that accumulates can make your system have to work harder – and that can affect energy efficiency. Annual maintenance helps ensure your system is clean and running at the best possible efficiency.
- System Effectiveness: A dirty, poorly maintained system loses effectiveness over time, and it starts to become harder for the AC to keep your home cool and comfortable. You may notice that some rooms aren’t as cool as others, or that your energy bills are steadily increasing while your system isn’t performing as well as it used to. Maintenance helps prevent your system from declining in effectiveness.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: Many times, equipment manufacturers require regular maintenance in order to keep the warranty in place. Failure to do so may cause your equipment’s warranty to become void, and that can mean out-of-pocket costs on expensive repairs or replacement down the road that would have been covered otherwise.
- Indoor Air Quality: As we’ve mentioned, AC systems often collect dirt, dust, and debris through the course of regular use. Because these particles build up in your system, they end up circulating through the air in your home whenever your air conditioner runs – and that can negatively impact the quality of the air you and your family are breathing. Maintenance helps ensure that your system and your filter are clean.
- Longer Life: When an air conditioning system does not receive the maintenance it needs, it may not last as long. Seasonal maintenance helps to ensure that the system is clean, operating effectively and efficiently, and all parts are in good working order. Any small problems are often discovered before they become larger ones, too – and that can help you save on a costly repair or replacement.
Can Stafford Mechanical Services help me get air conditioning maintenance?
We definitely can! At Stafford Mechanical, we offer complete air conditioning services, including annual maintenance for your system. When you need air conditioning maintenance for your home, you can count on us to assist you. We proudly service Carrier AC or any other brand. You may contact us via phone at (860) 684-9485. We look forward to helping you with all of your air conditioning needs.