Once the cooler weather arrives, most homeowners rely on their heating system in order to stay comfy and warm. Annual heating maintenance is your first line of defense when it comes to your home’s heating system. It ensures your system is operating effectively and efficiently, and that any small problems are handled before they become larger and more expensive ones.
For more information,
Call or click here:
Ask A Tech
However, throughout the course of everyday operation, problems can arise with your heating system that need the attention of a qualified technician. Fortunately, there are a few tell-tale signs your heating system will give you if it needs service. In this article, we’ll share some of these signs with you, and tell you how Stafford Mechanical Services, Inc. can help.
5 Signs Your Heating System May Need Repair
Many people don’t realize that their heating system needs repair until it stops working completely. However, there are some signs your system will give you when something isn’t working quite right. Early intervention can help avoid very expensive repairs or, in the worst-case scenario, a full system replacement. If you notice any of the signs below, it’s a good idea to schedule a call with Stafford Mechanical:
- System Inefficiency: If your utility bills are on the rise for no apparent reason, your heating system could be using more energy than it should be. Systems in need of repair often use more energy to keep up with the heating demands of your home. Any unusual spikes in energy usage could be due to a problem with your system.
- Uneven Heating or Cold Spots: If you’re noticing that some areas of your home are much warmer than others, or there are areas that don’t seem to be getting any heat at all, it’s a good idea to have it checked out. It may not necessarily be a problem with your heating equipment itself, but with the ductwork – and that can cause your system to operate far less effectively.
- Unusual Noises: If you’re hearing unusual noises such as banging, pinging, or squealing when your heating system operates, you should call for repair services as soon as possible. This can indicate that a belt or motor in your system needs repair or replacement.
- Unpleasant Odors: If you’re noticing any pungent odors when your system operates, it’s a good idea to turn your system off and call for repairs right away. This is especially true if you’re smelling a burning type of odor. Of course, if your system is emitting smoke, you should leave your home and call 911 immediately.
- Short Cycling: If your heating equipment is short cycling, this likely means that the heat exchanger is becoming too hot. As a safety measure, the fan limit switch in your system shuts the system down when the heat exchanger becomes too hot – a sure sign that your system needs repair in order to operate safely.
Can Stafford Mechanical Services, Inc. help if I need heating repairs?
As a full-service heating contractor, Stafford Mechanical Services, Inc. will be more than happy to help you get the heating repair services you need. Our highly-trained technicians are able to troubleshoot virtually any make or model of heating system and make the necessary repairs promptly. And, if you’re in need of a new heating system installation, we proudly install quality Carrier® heating equipment. If you need repair services, you may contact us via phone at (860) 684-9485. We look forward to helping you with all of your heating needs.