With so many people working and going to school from home this year, many homeowners are looking for ways to maximize all the spaces in their homes. Additions, seasonal rooms, and converted spaces are often used on a limited basis throughout the year, many times because they simply don’t have access to the home’s duct system. While people may utilize space heaters and window air conditioning as a means to keep these areas climate-controlled, there is a better, more efficient way – ductless heating and cooling.
Ductless heating and cooling systems operate outside of the home’s ductwork, making them a great choice for the above-mentioned areas. So, if you’ve been trying to maximize your home by creating a home office or classroom in these areas, but they’re just not as comfortable as you’d like, a ductless system may be a viable choice for you. Not to mention, ductless systems offer simple installation, so you’ll be able to enjoy comfort in that space quickly.
Aside from year-round comfort, how can installing a ductless system benefit my home?
While being able to enjoy all the spaces in your home, no matter what the weather is like outside, is a significant benefit, you may be wondering if there are other ways ductless can help you and your family. Below, learn more about the benefits of installing a ductless system:
- Ductless systems are discreet. Unlike space heaters that can take up a lot of floor space, or window air conditioning systems that can be loud and obtrusive, a ductless system is mounted high on the wall or ceiling. And, most systems are whisper-quiet, so you’ll stay comfortable without the noise often associated with room heating and cooling equipment.
- Ductless systems are energy-efficient. Many ductless systems use heat pump technology. This is one of the most energy-efficient heating and cooling technologies available. Your ductless system will likely operate far more efficiently than a window unit or space heater, and provide you and your family with discreet, year-round comfort.
- Some ductless systems may qualify for an incentive through your utility company. So not only will you be saving money on your energy bills in the long run, you could potentially save money on your new ductless system upfront!
- Installation is usually quick and mess-free. Unlike a ducted system, your ductless heating and cooling unit can be installed with minimal construction. That’s because the indoor and outdoor components of the system are connected by a small-diameter tube. You’ll be able to enjoy comfort in a matter of hours – without a lot of construction clean-up.
- Ductless can help your main HVAC system work more effectively and efficiently. That’s because a ductless system eliminates those hot or cold spots in your home. Your main HVAC equipment won’t have to work as hard to heat or cool the entire house – helping you save on energy bills!
- Comfort control is as easy as pushing a button. Most ductless systems can be operated via remote control, so anyone using the room will be able to easily adjust the temperature as appropriate.
Stafford Mechanical Services can help you get the ductless system you need for your home.
At Stafford Mechanical Services, your comfort is always our priority. We can help you decide if a ductless heating and cooling system is right for you, and install it for you promptly. All you need to do is give us a call at (860) 684-9485, and we’ll be happy to help you find the ductless solution you need.