Most people love the idea of coming home to cool comfort once the temperatures start to heat up outside. Nothing beats the heat like an air-conditioned home, but for homeowners who do not have ductwork in their homes, central AC is not an option. Oftentimes, people with boiler, baseboard, or other forms of radiant heat rely on window air conditioning to keep them cool.
For more information,
Call or click here:
Ask A Tech
Unfortunately, there are a few drawbacks when it comes to window AC. As anyone who has used a window unit can attest, they can be very noisy. And, they can be inefficient, especially older models that use outdated types of refrigerant. The good news is, there is an option for people who would like to ditch their window AC units and enjoy cool comfort – ductless air conditioning.
Learn more about ductless air conditioning systems.
You may have heard of ductless AC, but not really be sure what it is or how it can benefit your home. Ductless air conditioning is pretty much what the name implies – air conditioning that does not require ductwork to keep your home cool. And, there are some real advantages to choosing ductless AC for your home.
- Energy Efficiency: Most ductless systems use heat pump technology in order to keep your home comfortable. Heat pumps offer highly efficient home comfort, and that can help you save on your energy bills.
- Ease of Installation: When you have ductless cooling installed in your home, you won’t have to wait days to enjoy the benefits. Ductless systems can usually be installed in one or two days. Not to mention, they require minimal construction – the indoor and outdoor units are connected via a small-diameter conduit – so only a small hole will need to be drilled.
- Quiet Comfort: Most people who have ductless systems in their homes remark about the quiet operation – many compare it to a whisper. That means you can enjoy better comfort without the distraction of a loud AC unit running in the background, which is typical with window AC.
- Discreet Installation: Ductless systems are typically installed high on a wall or in the ceiling, so they won’t take up living space. You won’t have to worry about your view being obstructed as you would with window AC or loss of floor space like you would with a portable unit.
- Year-Round Comfort: One of the main benefits of ductless is that often, one unit can provide both cooling and heating. This makes them a great choice if you’re also looking to replace old, inefficient electric baseboard heating.
Can Stafford Mechanical Services help me get ductless for my home?
We definitely can! At Stafford Mechanical, we offer complete air conditioning services, including ductless system installation, maintenance, and repair. When you need ductless cooling and heating for your home, you can count on us to assist you. You may contact us via phone at (860) 684-9485. We look forward to helping you with all your ductless needs.