When the temperatures dip outside, it can be difficult for even the best heating system to keep your home warm on its own. Of course, this depends somewhat on the type of home you own, and the type of heating system you have installed. There are steps you can take to help your heating system run optimally, and help your home stay warmer no matter how cold it gets outside. We’re sharing the top five ways you can keep your home warmer, starting today!
call or click here:
Ask A Tech
These simple steps can help keep your home warmer without having to turn up the thermostat – helping you save energy and ultimately money on your utility bills. Your family will be more comfortable, too!
Five Easy Ways to Keep Your Home Warmer in the Winter
- Make sure your doors and windows are free of drafts. This can cause heat to escape from your home, and cold air to come in. Usually, weatherstripping and draft guards can easily solve the problem.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat. This can help you get better efficiency from your heating system by keeping your home warmer when people are there, but cooler during times when people are away or sleeping.
- Humidify your home air. Humidified air generally feels warmer. And, when you humidify your home air, you also help protect your furniture and woodwork from getting dried out, as well as your skin and nasal passages!
- Use heavier curtains or draperies. By installing heavier drapes in the winter, you can prevent some of the heat loss – and cold air entry – that can occur around your windows.
- Take advantage of the sunlight. On sunnier days, pull the drapes and blinds and let the sunshine in! This will help keep your home warmer by taking advantage of the natural warmth of the sun.
If you need help with your heating equipment, give Stafford Mechanical Services a call.
At Stafford Mechanical Services, Inc., we’re ready to help you keep your home more comfortable all winter long, no matter how cold it gets outside. Whether you need heating maintenance or repair, or a brand-new heating system installed in your home, we’ll be glad to help you meet your needs. We proudly install Carrier heating equipment, and service Carrier equipment and many other brands as well. You may contact us via phone at (860) 684-9485. We look forward to helping you with all of your heating needs.